September 19, 2010

Close ups

Chania over on Razmataz, has issued a photo challenge to get closeup photos, and although I have run out of time to take new ones this week, I thought I'd post some of my favourite recent close-ups, (some have featured on previous posts and some are new). I have to add that I am no expert photographer, not at all, but I am interested by the fact that setting out for the day, with a camera in hand, affects the way I look at the world.

I love the way that getting really close to the subject of your photo, makes you see it so intimately and often reveals a beauty, symmetry or detail that would be otherwise missed. It makes me realise again this world of ours is a mass of mini-worlds that we walk right past and miss in our everyday busyness. Thanks Chania for reminding me of these things.

sedum close-up

poppies - always worth a closer view

I know, so cute, romance in the flower-beds!

Hollyhock,  the embodiment of dusty-pink




Weeds can be so beautiful, particularly when they are not on my patch!

sedum in bud


milky quilted scabious, my favourite

Japanese anemone with continus behind

The beauty of the camera lens is that it reminds me that life can be viewed both with the telescope and microscope mindset - both can be exquisite, it's how we look.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda, thank you for joining our photo challenge. I think you put my link in the Mclinky instead of the one to your blog, but I can't figure out how to change it for you.

    I love your photos. Flowers are the ultimate subject for closeups. Nature is so incredible, and seeing a flower up close just proves the absolute wonders in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've obviously not looked closely enough - I never would have known that was a poppy! I really love these pictures. So amazing how looking at them makes you feel like the world is just a bit less unsettling! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly how I feel, Alice! There is a intricate beauty and golden ratio in nature that both reassures me that the world keeps expertly turning and renewing despite the stew in my head, and that the calm energy of a masterful Designer seeps through creation and into my heart if only I would look more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red poppy pic- beautiful detail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those photos are G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!

    And I love the colours in your title photo at the top of your blog. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments all, they make blogging so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete