And then mild anxiety set in: I was asked to answer 8 fiendishly tricky questions. Generic, open-ended questions cause me to fret because the answers are impossible to pin down since I change my mind depending on mood/season/state of bank account etc. Sooo, the following are a snapshot of what I am enjoying right now...
1. My ultimate dream job? Yikes, with 4 kids in tow? If fantasy is allowed, I would choose something artistic, which I would be gaspingly brilliant at, make a fortune from, achieve perfect work/home balance with and find absolutely fulfilling. That's all.
2. Where would I live, if I could live anywhere? You are going to make me leave here? noooo way! Canada sounds lovely, South Island, New Zealand makes me want to sing with joy. Ghent and Copenhagen seem the epitome of cool style. I know cities with mountains and oceans make my heart flutter, think Cape Town or Sydney, and I have always had a weakness for North Yorkshire and The Borders, but to live? Right here. It's my nest, I love it (but just wish it was by the sea).
|my patch of England|
3.What period of history would I like to wake up in tomorrow? I'm slightly obssessed with history, and would love a short visit in every century, Middle Ages probably first. 1920's nightclub next. Only wouldn't want to stay to long, I'm far too scared what might happen if I got sick. Neurotic like that.
4. My choice for last ever meal? Feed me the best handmade bread, the best selection of artisan cheeses, the most perfect fresh figs, and the best red wine and I would die happy. The final mouthful might have to be chocolate.
5.What made me start a blog? The honest answer is needing something to discipline me into making a record of what I am growing in my garden, and what works for my little cut flower business, and at the same time having a e-shopwindow for Wild Acre. It seems to be bursting way out of that remit...
6. My favourite item of clothing? The inky-purple, slightly Grecian-looking, blissfully flattering dress I wore for my 40th party last year. Beautiful dress, amazingly wonderful memories attached to it. And, for the daytime, two current faves are my Fly boots and a slinky Zara waistcoat - both for their simple style, sheer comfort and slight tomboyishness.
7. My favourite film? Can't possibly single one out!! Favourites include Sliding Doors, Calamity Jane,
Sense and Sensibility, Cinema Paradiso, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Gandhi, Cyrano de Bergerac ...and so the eclectic mix goes on!
8. What would I like to acheive/do/see before I reach 100? Seriously, how do you answer that without writing a book? For my sanity and your boredom threshold, (and taking world peace etc as a given), I will limit myself to 5 short answers: See my kids grow up into happy, healthy adults, potter in a souk, look at the stars from a desert, make something beautiful that will outlast me, find the perfect chocolate cake recipe.
Now I have to tag 8 others with different questions. My questions are:
What is your favourite book?
What is your top beauty secret or product?
What is your top chocolate cake recipe? (I know flagrant self-interest is going on!)
What do you most enjoy about having a blog?
Where is the most beautiful place you have visited?
Describe your best breakfast/brunch?
What is your most treasured possession?
What have you discovered to be an important truth?
I have discovered these 8 LOVELY blogs recently, and it would great to hear their answers:
Finding my way
Sarah-Jane down the lane
SEMI EXPAT IN OZ