November 08, 2010

Education

Just a tiny mini -post, really just a link to the most interesting thing I've heard about the education of children in a long, long time, still trying to work out how much of it I agree with and how it translates into real life, but WOWZA, it makes so much sense and has really got me thinking.....
Sir Ken Robinson's speech

Does it speak to you too? My son, Max heard it at school and he is excited! They are going to debate it, and look at ways of integrating some of the approaches mentioned. I'd love to know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Belinda, How interesting all of this is. I am not sure that I fully understand the current trends in education but any new ideas which engage young minds, particularly in relation to the Arts is important to the health of nations I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Belinda. It was incredibly interesting and has really got me thinking too.

    I loved the way it was set out. Ken Robinson is a brilliant speaker but seeing the Animation too made the 11 minutes fly by!

    In fact, I was disappointed when it ended.

    I particularly was challenged by the section about AHDHD.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Belinda,

    I am sorry I cannot comment on the animation properly, but my computer refuses to open it!!

    Enjoy your evening!

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete