February 15, 2011

My current top three accessories

For those of you, quite reasonably, sick to death with my hellebores and snowdrops (apologies for my harping on about them, enthusiasm got the better of me!), I thought I would squeeeze in a very quick post about something totally different.

The ever-glamourous Janet at The Gardener's Cottage has been asking us about our favourite accessories, and I was suprised how instantly I thought of the following three:

1.  I really love my Skagen watch, just find it so light, comfortable and perfect both for day (not too blingy), or evening (thanks to its sophisticated Danish design). Skagen make lots of different watches but all the ones I have seen are wafer thin, with the gorgeous, tactile mesh strap. Every time I catch a view of it on my wrist I purr. Almost.



2. If it is not too repellently self-promoting, I am rather taken with a pair of earrings I have made for a small collection of handmade jewellery I am bringing out in April. They are so tactile, and tactile is a quality I demand in jewellery. I also like that they catch the light. They are solid silver but small enough to avoid being over - heavy which is important because my ear lobes are wimps like that.  Like the watch they are good to go for the am/pm cross-over thing, ( -> high fashion technical term?!).



3.  This bag ticks all the boxes, big enough for all my gubbins, stylish without being fashion victim, good quality leather and metalwork (hate cheapo buckles on a bag, no?), and the most astonishing thing of all, it is grey with grey clothes and brown with brown clothes!! That is clever and gets my vote. It also has rather a dashing inside print, and you can't dislike that. It is by Boden.



So that's my top three, what are yours?

13 comments:

  1. wow belinda. i adore those earrings! and of course i love the watch and bag. perfection. that's what i demand of my accessories! looks like you do too. watches have been a very big favorite of a lot of bloggers so you are in good company. i love the band on yours.

    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Janet! Really look forward to your bloggers accessories post - such a fun idea!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Accessories are not things that I often think about, but wow do I want that watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all three, those earrings are great. I read as you get older you are supposed to wear light reflecting jewellery/accessories/clothes near to your face. Those earrings would add the required sparkle for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. American in Bath - it is a keeper, this one, I just don't tire of it. They are not silly prices either and available in John Lewis. Just sayin'!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your watch although I am not familiar with the brand...I am drawn to it's simplicity in design.
    Your heelebores and snowdrops could never bore me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I immediately noticed was your beautiful new photo on your blog title. So bright and fresh! What caught my eye (as my daughter is calling me to drive her to workout) were your hammered earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. All... And great earrings - I can't wait to see your collection soon. Will post about my fav. accessories soon too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loveing your new look blog - it's all come togehter beautifully.

    Now then - how did you get the 'grey blocked' sidebar titles? This is my next blog project.

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Boden bag. And I loved your snowdrops...I forgot about them as I did every year until they came up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sleek and stylish watch... and available in John Lewis - thanks for that pointer! The earrings are lovely - what a talented lady! Looking forward to seeing some more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My skagen watch is also one of my favorite things...for all the same reasons, it goes with everything from dress to casual. My other favorite thing is mixed media art, it inspires me and I love doing it. I love this beautiful leather cuff I bought from a fellow blogger also.

    http://hebattlesforyourheart.blogspot.com/2011/01/today-you-are-you.html

    If you click on the link and scroll down it is the leather cuff that says victory, I wear it everyday almost!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for your lovely comments, it is always so interesting to hear your opinions on these things.xx

    ReplyDelete