April 07, 2011

Who will buy??

Ohh, the glorious Spring weather at the moment, it is making me feel slightly giddy and excitable - amazing warm, sunny days, gentle breezes and the flowers blooming so fast I feel like if I stare hard enough I will actually see them growing!

Right now I also feel a bit like the Covent Garden flower seller of yore, with her buckets all full of lovely flowers, calling out for buyers because Wild Acre opens for the season today! Yipee, I am really excited and have spent the last few weeks busily scrubbing out all my buckets, getting all my tools sharpened, weeding, mulching, sowing seed and generally getting ready for my first proper, keeping records and all, season!! I have two other fabulous friends growing for me too, so we are good to go!




It is such a small affair, here at Wild Acre, it has been relatively straightforward to get the garden ship-shape-ish and ready for business. The season will have a slow start because I rely totally on word of mouth, and I'm thinking it will be a while before I feel that frantic sensation! I already have a few gigs on the books, and individual orders coming in, but the pace feels relaxed. At the moment it is all gorgeous white and cream scented narcissi and a range of delicious coloured tulips, muscari, a few anemones and ranunculus plus a range of garden foliage.




Every monday I will post a short roundup of what is looking lush and bouquet-worthy. There will be more up-to-date info, contact details plus care tips etc via the Wild Acre Flowers tab on the sidebar. So if you live in the north Hertfordshire area, and you want some super-fresh Spring flowers, I have a garden-full of flowers waiting for you! If you don't but love flowers, I hope the photos will bring you pleasure.

And the jewellery? Well,  I'm working my little fingers off trying to create enough lovely pieces for the little on-line shop I am creating on BigCartel. It won't be long now...

So, I suppose this is really what my blog is all about - a passion for flowers and metalwork, a bit of a love-affair with nature generally, and other bit and bobs that get thrown into the mix. I'm getting close to a whole year of blogging - thank you so much for reading, commenting so supportively and interestingly, I could never have guessed how wonderful this whole creative adventure was going to be. Meeting so many like-minded people, writing, photo-taking and looking more closely at the good things in my life has made this a very special year.


25 comments:

  1. I love flowers and your images - sad that we live so far away, too far to order some for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me wish I loved nearby, so that I could come along and buy some of those beautiful flowers. I love the white Ranunculus, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Welcome to my blog 8th May 2010) so you have a month to go to your blogaversary. By then I wish your business to be pleasantly frantic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if I lived anywhere remotely near you, I would be first in the queue every week! How very exciting to be open for the season and what a lovely selection of gorgeous blooms you have to offer. It seems to me that businesses who gain a reputation purely through word of mouth do very well indeed, so I hope you are frantic very soon!
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big smile on my face reading this post.

    Spring, ranunculus, creative juices flowing, oh and anemones.

    a happy making mix. Enjoy.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, good luck with the new season. Looking forward to hearing how it progresses x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belinda Belinda Belinda..you are a gem. Love your stems and your blog. So glad to have met you - keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to your Monday posts on your flowering adventures..Sinead x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what beautiful flowers!! I'm so glad you posted them. The ranunculus is gorgeous! We are having a very late winter in Minnesota so I'm a long way away from having any blooms to enjoy, so I especially needed these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! So excited to see your season unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! What an exciting day for you. Hope it's a wonderful season with plenty of buyers. The flowers look great! Do keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how I wish I loved closer...will just have to rely on your photos to get a taste of Wild Acre. Excited to follow your blog this growing season...and can't wait to see your jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Who will buy my wonderful posies?"
    I certainly would if I lived nearer....
    Looking forward to seeing your jewellery collection soon.
    Have a lovely weekend...
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Belinda,

    Beautiful flowers, the creamy green-ness of the anemones is deliciously refreshing to look at in a rather warm London! Thanks for visiting my blog, in answer to your question a moustache cup is Victorian invention so that gentlemen did not get tea on their moustaches when drinking! (The Victorians had a solution for everything etiquette-wise). Here's some more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moustache_cup

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the new season Belinda and congratulations!

    Those blooms look lovely. Look forward to your lush Monday posts!

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh send me some flowers they are so lovely. Okey maybe I live too far away (Finland). Its sooo ugly here, brownish grey with dirty melting snow. Enjoy the spring time and have great weekend:)
    Henrietta

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! The flowers and bouquets are beautiful. Your blog is a wonderful look book too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck Belinda, your flowers and photographs are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  18. My home would be full of your beautiful blooms if I lived near you. I will happily settle for feasting my eyes on your stunning photographs... pity we do not have scratch and sniff computer screens! Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all so much for your good wishes!

    And a big welcome to my new visitors. Hope the flowers come soon for you Henrietta, it is a long winter you have.

    Charlotte thank you for the cup info - honestly those Victorians were hilarious sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, lovely bucket! Is that one of those posh Sarah Raven jobs? My flowers are going over quicker than I can pick them and I was thrilled today that it started to drizzle - this flower-growing lark certainly skews your perspective on things! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous blooms! I hope you find your market quickly as your flowers are too good to miss. I am a very small scale grower too so finding a niche is the hard part. Good luck with this season!

    ReplyDelete