May 24, 2011

New earrings and a competition

These new, silver earrings have recently arrived in the Wild Acre shop. The silver beads are like pips or seeds, really tactile and interestingly shaped. I have made the option of a high shine or brushed finish, and I think they work brilliantly for day or evening and are striking enough not to need a necklace as well.


To my complete suprise, they have been spotted by a website called FaberUna that promotes handmade goods, and put into a little competition, the winners of which will be put into a final draw in December. You can imagine, some free publicity in the run-up to Christmas would be fab for a tiny new outfit like mine with zippo marketing budget. In order to make it through, I need to get as many votes as possible this friday, soooo, if you like the earrings or what you see in my little shop generally, I would be ridiculously grateful if you wouldn't mind hopping across on Friday and casting your vote in the Wild Acre camp. To keep in quick and simple, I will put the link on a post on my blog on Friday morning, so it will just be a couple of clicks, job done. I think most of the other makers in my 'baubles and beads' category are much longer established, so I need all the help I can get! Eeek, I do hope you don't mind me asking? Thanks peeps!xx


18 comments:

  1. Count me in Belinda, they are gorgeous, and thats excellent news, bet your chuffed to bits! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. They make having my ears pierced seem like a good idea. Please remind us on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting and well done you. I will try my hardest to remember to pop by and help you out on Friday - of course I will vote for you and your gorgeous silver jewellery.
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I buy them? They're perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Belinda:
    Just count us in. They are both lovely and unusual and we do wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see your fans supporting you and the handmade community!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, really love the brushed finish ones especially, will be back on Friday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd noticed them in the shop and have my eye on a pair. The first pair I purchased arrived safely and I'm wearing them as I type. Will be voting on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're really pretty :-). I'll try to remember on Friday - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm there, just a little reminder and nudge on the day and consider it done! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Americas votes for Belinda!

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful that the FaberUna website selected your beautiful earrings. My vote will be cast on Friday for sure. Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will do, is there a facebook button for us to share as well?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Weeee! Thanks guys! I'll pop up the link on Friday.

    Lilacs, Wild Acre has a newish FB page - the link button is on the side bar below the Wild Acre logo - just click and you will be on the page. I would love you to 'like' the page and keep in touch that way too. And any other readers, the FB page needs your love!! Please spread the word. Thanks for your kind support. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you - and your designs are wonderful so no wonder they have been spotted! Yes, I will definitely vote on Friday! XX

    ReplyDelete