October 31, 2011

Trying to be spooky and failing

This is a hopeless day to feel dark and spooky! It is mild and balmy, strawberries have refruited in my raised beds and roses are bursting into flower. Which I suppose is spooky from a climatic perspective. But I'm feeling particularly chipper because I have just had my first haircut since July (I KNOW!), and  call me shallow doesn't a great haircut make your day? And my sanita clogboots have arrived, oh joy (more about my love of clogs another day)! Maybe the clogs could look trollish?? I know I will wear them all winter from henceforth and for ever more amen.


So, trying to summon up some love of spooksville for Jane's Halloween floral party, I grabbed my cast iron  teapot and the darkest foliage and flowers I could find. Except then I saw sprays of my yellow roses and couldn't resist - so failed miserably for the sinister look. 








Anyoldhow, I quite like the autumny look if it isn't very witchy. If you would like to enjoy some more successful attempts, hop on your brooms and fly over to Jane's 'house of horror' flower party. xx

14 comments:

  1. We didn't say they couldn't be beautiful..and beautiful it is.

    Can you fly me over a pair of those boots?

    happy Halloween my witchy friend:)

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Belinda:
    How we love these dark plummy shades and they work so beautifully as accents for the golden roses. Sinister,no, but gloriously autumnal, yes. This is such a pretty arrangement and, complemented by the gourds makes for an interesting and seductive display at one with the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo those boots look fantastic.... and your flowers are a treat too! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark and light and lovely. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Belinda, I am loving the clogs. Your flowers are gorgeous, so retro looking, I just love them. It's not mild here, it's wet, windy and horrid! Happy Halloween! Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not spooky here in Cambridge either... pumpkins and trickortreaters galore but it is Too Warm and Too Dry. It should be a damp and gloomy night. Hey-ho.
    I like the witchy arrangement. Particularly with pumpkinettes. Ax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love 'em. And I don't think they're a fail at all ... there's a definite hint of the kind of wax arrangement under a glass dome that's found in every spooky Halloween house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the arrangement - very Goth. Original too.

    Your pumpkins need to man up though. :-)

    Nicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bee-u-ti-ful! You can be a nice witch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your halloweeny arrangements - very lovely and your boots are the bizz!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im way too much of a scaredy cat with all that dark stuff. More of a happy halowe'en witch myself!! Love the boots. Sinead x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the yellow roses stand out like candles among the dark foliage and flowers. And I love how you staged it with the leaves and pumpkins and all. Definitely Halloweenish to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the autumny look! thank you so much for stopping by my place so i could find you here. peace, e.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want those boots and that arrangement! Please?!!

    ReplyDelete