November 17, 2011

new jewellery

It has been a cosy but active week. Boys in football and rugby matches, 400 tulips planted, family suppers in the kitchen, fires lit and baking done. The baking, a yummy chocolate cheesecake and an apple and ginger pie, was done by our 12 year old daughter who is moving way beyond cupcakes and cookies to all sorts of delicious fare, including pastry from scratch which makes her a decidedly more committed baker than me! She loves to do it all on her own, music blaring, dancing between stirring - and hearing her cooking up a storm in full baking/singing/dancing mode is one of the real joys of my life at the moment! She is loving the new DK step-by-step Baking book by Caroline Bretherton, full of photos and tips which help her check each stage looks right. It is a big ole door stop of a book, but brilliantly comprehensive and user-friendly.


I have a couple of Christmas fairs tomorrow and saturday, and am busy getting jewellery made and ready for sale. I am spending a lot of time at my bench, beavering away on designs, and building up stock. Some of these new designs will be in my little jewellery shop soon, a few are already there.
















I don't find the selling a breeze, I feel quite self conscious, so I will take a few deep breathes tomorrow morning - wish me well! :)

18 comments:

  1. loving the description of your daughter baking!

    and don't worry about the selling, your jewellry is so gorgeous is will sell itself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Belinda...those beauties should sell themselves.
    OH I see the above commenter and I are on the same wavelength!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it's a great weekend. Selling one's own work can be daunting, but if you explain it, rather than selling it, it will fly away. Your work is lovely and will be popular.

    400 tulips? are you crazy? xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your jewellry so be sure to take enough to sell!!! My son is training to be a patisserie chef right now, and I dare to believe that all the baking he did with me over the years influenced his passion . . .well, I'm the mum; I can think this, right?!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Planting tulips and hand baking cakes and jewels, what a wonderful week it seems. Even the selling sounds like it could be fun, come on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belinda, your designs are wonderful and they hopefully should sell themselves so to speak..!! And how lovely that your daughter is really into cooking, it's great when they get to that stage. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. See you're making pebbles lovely too! All very best for your fairs, I know the deep breath feeling - someone told me instead of breathing in (which still contains the 'eek' feeling), breath out as far as you can go, and I defy you not to smile and feel good - this along with your beautiful creative designs - no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the picture of your daughter dancing and baking.

    Good luck with the fairs - your jewellery is going from strength to strength.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will be fine! I love your jewellery designs and I am sure lots of others will love it too at the Christmas Fairs.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pieces are just lovely. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your shows went well...I can't imagine being the least bit self-conscious about these beauties. They are absolutely gorgeous, completely original and I want one of each:) p.s. - I want to bake with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The selling seems to always be the hard part for creative people who are so much more in their comfort zone when actually 'making' rather than selling! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the sales, I love the textured ball necklaces, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope it went well. Your pieces are beautiful and I especially love the stacked pebbles necklace.

    I can't wait for my girls to take over the baking,


    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh, thank you all so much for your lovely encouragement, both fairs went really well, so I am now very busy and happy!

    Jennifer, brilliant tip which I will be using on a regular basis on the run up to a certain day next month!! Really does work well, thanks for that.

    Becky, hello there, lovely to 'see' you here, hope all going well with you?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Belinda, I am a little behind with my reading. I do apologise for being late to your post. Isn't it wonderful that your daughter has a talent for baking and is so obviously enjoying herself? Four hundred tulips, wow, can't wait to see them. Your jewellery is beautiful. I like the pearls and the sparkly balls and the rings in the last pic. Hope you had good sales at your fairs. I don't like the selling part either, I find it much easier to sell someone else's stuff, than my own! Hope you are well, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow-za! Beautiful work!! I need those pearls! Drop by for a visit please, short trip via satellite across the pond to Can-a-da!

    ReplyDelete