December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!


by Rubens


 For some reason this year thoughts of the Magi have been tumbling about in my heart. Their desire for the truth even when the journey there is arduous and long. That there is often graft and determination needed to discover the things that matter. That following what you know to be right can be hard but is so compelling if you take the time to listen to what your heart is saying, passion drives you along and gives energy to succeed. That fixing your sights on the light, not the pain, is half the battle in so many different ways. That beauty and hope and truth can be found in the most suprising places and people and really life is a continuous series of suprises. That leading an unoffended life, when reality looks different to how we imagined or things turn out in a way that confounds our expectations - all of that is ok and not a cause to hold grudges. That having big dreams is good, but not if the picture of how things should be damages the joys to be had right now. Strength and vulnerability are not mutually exclusive. I feel like I am just scratching the surface of  these things as I wonder about those events so long ago, but I do know that Love that stretches through time and touches my heart. 

This is the centre of my Christmas.....but oooohhhhh, I'm loving the baubles, the bubbles, and indecent quantities of marzipan in my near future!! I am unplugging for a week, to relax with my family and friends and gather my thoughts for next year. See you in 2012!

Wishing you the merriest of Christmases, and a very Happy New year! Thank you so much for visiting Wild Acre this year and for the connections and friendships that have grown here, I love your comments and really appreciate your support and encouragement for the flowers and jewellery. Happy Christmas! xxxxx

 

9 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas Belinda.

    I love that Christmas focusses our mind and thoughts. Then comes that week between Christmas and New Year to take time to reflect and plan on the new challenges ahead - things to spend more time with, others to let go......

    But for now, us mums are busy filling the 'Memory banks' of our children and families.....

    Enjoy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous holiday.
    See you in the new year!

    Hostess
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Belinda! Hope all your wishes come true (and those of your family). Enjoy your time "away" and we will see you soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    And best wishes for a very good and
    HAPPY NEW YEAR with lots of your wonderful images!

    Warmest greetings,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy Christmas dear Belinda and hope you are having a wonderful time with your family. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year !

    And Thank You for contributing to my collection of bouquets :

    floralies.tumblr.com

    Love

    ReplyDelete