January 01, 2012

new year musings

New Year 

Happy New Year to everyone! I hope your celebrations have been fun and amid the revelry some time to unwind and relax? I wish you all much happiness and success in 2012, but perhaps most of all balance and wellbeing - that is most of all what I am seeking.





 Whilst I begin to plan and dream for the year ahead, garnering close all the encouragements and joy of last year to give me confidence, I am taking a little time out of each day to write a line or two about some small detail of the day. Partly because I have so enjoyed the more relaxed attitude I took about Christmas this year, the relishing of little moments and refusing that silly frantic edge that can creep in, I am hoping that this discipline will make me slow down a little and look closer at the beauty that is all about - to keep the frantic at bay! I am joining the other writing folk here, each of us making a "small stone" to mark a moment in each day. Join in if it sounds like it might be up your boulevard! I am also going to join in with a weekly photo post each week here, to celebrate a significantly lovely moment in each week. It is all about celebrating the small as well as big, and feels absolutely right to me. I have plans to take Wild Acre to a more fulltime schedule this year, so these moments will be precious and nourishing I hope, little moments of calm and reflection in my busy life. I think in some way, as yet unclear to me, they may be linked to prayer, but let's see! I think the underlying dynamic of all this is gratitude, and I do know the more of that I experience, the happier I am.

So let's all sally forth into the new year, where the pages of the diary are still smooth and cold and full of promise!


My 'small stone' for 1st Jan:
A cup of smoky rose tea in one hand. A slice of warm, newly baked gingerbread, sticky, fragrant and sweet in the other. No dramatic heralding of the new year for me today, but a small, quiet moment of calm instead.




12 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo, lovely sentiment...my feelings exactly. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda, what a beautiful post. Your writing is so poetic. I think it is wonderful what you are planning to do and I wish you the very best with it. Good luck with your business also.May the New Year grant you everything you wish for yourself and your loved ones.Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A heartfelt, thought provoking post, thank you.

    Happy New Year Belinda, and may 2012 bring peace, health and prosperity to you and all who you hold dear x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your small stone for today sounds divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. rose tea and gingerbread
    sounds like my kinda moment

    ReplyDelete
  6. may the year ahead be filled with many quiet moments of calm x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful writing, may your moments of calm fill you with peace and joy in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belinda..happy new year. I love it. Ive said it before you are a talented lady. Your writing is beautiful and always brings me moments of calm. Frantic and stress is sooooo last year as the youngs ones say! Sinead x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing that you attain your hopes and dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to spending time with you in 2012. Your support last year meant a lot to me. thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to go 'Off Topic' - but how did you make the FB link work? Mine hasn't worked for a few days... and the forums seem to point to a problem with Blogspot - but it's clearly working for you! Help!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year Belinda - and good wishes for taking wild acre more full time.

    How lovely to mark a moment each day with a "small stone" - that resonates with me. A lovely post, thank you
    K

    ReplyDelete