February 20, 2012

gingerbread bliss

I have found gingerbread nirvana, yes I have.


Can gingerbread be described as pillowy? It can. This gingerbread is aromatic, sticky and distinctly pillowy. It is the best I have ever tasted by some long country/culinary mile.


It is fabulous on its own with a comforting cuppa,



but if you like icing, (I am not a massive fan), it would be pretty irresistable with this sharp, tangy lemon icing too. Just fresh lemon juice and icing sugar.


The recipe? You will find it here. Where you will also find a lovely blog. Thank you for the fantastic recipe, Emily.


Enjoy.

13 comments:

  1. oh that does look good! gingercake with lemon icing is my daughters favourite cake of all, but we've never made it, we've just hunted it out in National Trust cafes..... this could change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...I'm sitting here with a cuppa & realising that gingercake would go very well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks wonderful. Thankyou so much for sharing it. Would it be OK to include this in the Baking Winter list of lovely recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made myself a cup of tea and would gladly have a slice of that cake, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. please, please noooo! I'm trying to lose weight and this looks so tempting and I love ginger. Like you I'm not a fan of icing but a big dollop of cream would go down well...see what you've done ;) I see overtime on the treadmill especially after tomorrow, just have to have pancakes and maple syrup!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. Yum. Yum. This looks utterly delicious!! Have you tried the gingerbread in one of Nigella's books? I'd definitely put that in the pillowy category too - love that word!!

    And on a separate note - I'm SO pleased you noticed your gorgeous earrings over on my blog - I don't link to any old place, you know!! ;-)

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yum! Will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks delicious Belinda! Wish you a happy new week!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you made it and enjoyed it too! ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ginger + bliss + nirvana (had to check it out) visiting from Slow Lane thanks for the recipe link. I'm a lover of all things Ginger (& lemon)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are talking my language Belinda!

    Sarah xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!!!! It looks so good, I`m drooling, lol!

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete