May 03, 2012

Flowers for a friend

I'm meeting up with some girlfriends for a catch up tonight. We were going to go out for a pub supper but one had pesky babysitter issues, so kindly offered to have it at her house. I was designated flower supplier. Here they are.


An armful of hyacinth, tulipa 'Queen of the Night' and 'Black Hero', apple blossom, euphorbia, variagated euonymus, forget-me-not, brunnera, anemones, sweet rocket. A spring garden, wrapped in kraft paper. Minus the narcissi that have gone mushy in the incessant rain. Very unusually for me I bought the hyacinth in ... saw them and failed to resist. The scent is lovely now and will be A-mazing.






For me it is the teeny elements, the forget-me-nots in this bouquet, and the unusual ones, here the apple blossom, that make it special. I need to grow some plants that have sprays of tiny buds to give me heaps of teenyweeny-detail-glory. Can you help me out with suggestions, anyone?

Right, I'm off to put a brush through my hair, change out of my muddy jeans, find my lippy and have me some girls'-natter. Laters 'gators. xx

14 comments:

  1. I just want to crawl right into the middle of this bunch and roll around in all the glorious colors! The smell is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how today's flowers pick up all the subtle tones in the single flower in your header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers, lucky friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Belinda,
    Envy is a dreadful thing but I'n afraid I'm green with it at the sight of that beautiful posy! I agree about the apple buds and will try to think of what other flowers might also work. I love lily of the valley for that very reason. Have a great evening out. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun evening. The flowers are gorgeous - I particularly love the apple blossom.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled upon this site. Thanks for sharing such a valuable discussion here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dinner my house? Saturday? I'll cook, you bring the flowers.

    I love to use something called wax flower. I have no earthly idea where it grows or even what it is but it does good tiny flower.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my I think that is the most beautiful spring bouquet ever. you are right the forget me not and the apple blossom are just perfect, the blossom seems hugely luxurious somehow, I suppose because picking it means no apples, and therefore a very simple flower shows great generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a wonderful evening. So nice to catch up with girlfriends. And what a gorgeous present those flowers are.. just my kind of bouquet... I know I have said it before but you are so talented Belinda. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you a night out with the gals! Fab blooms as always. I can smell the hyacinths virtually - bliss! Happy long weekending! Sinead x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos! Your arrangement could have fit right on our dining room table (had I been able to reach out through the photo and grab it!)
    My colours!
    Blessings and thank yo for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh what a delicious bunch! I do love the combination of spring blues and the blossomy pinks. Sure to cheer someone's weekend wonderfully.
    Have a smashing evening.
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers, I'd like to invite you over :)How about goose necks, I think the official name is loosestrife.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete