July 24, 2012

Thank you, sunshine!

Thank you sunshine, for FINALLY arriving, just in time for the summer holidays. You have made the evenings so pretty in the garden.













And by the way, thank you for drying out the sodden fields for the poor, handwringing farmers around here,




and for filling the skies of my evening walks with the most luminously beautiful summer sunsets.







Thank you, sunshine,  for helping to make my old home city look so great at the moment, all scrubbed and dubbed and olympics ready.



The rooftops and towers, the monuments and palace facades have never looked more lovely,







The royal parks have never looked more inviting, all cool and green amid the city heat.



Yep, London, you've never looked spiffier, and all the better for some sparkling July sunshine.

One thing, Sunshine, could you just hang around a bit now please, after abandoning us for three solid months? Pretty please?



12 comments:

  1. This is how I feel every spring! But summers here are hot and dry, so by July I'm much more likely to say, "Thank you sunshine for going away!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleasepleaseplease stay sunshine. Please.
    I love the greyskied/goldenfield photo so dramatic.
    Happy hols, Ax

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me happy, when skies are blue...... you'll never know dear, how much I love you... Please don't ever take my sunshine away!! BOM! BOM!
    TADAH

    ReplyDelete
  4. i nearly nearly said it was tooooo hot today and then i stopped myself!! I'm loving all the wild flower pics i keep seeing lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would happily share our sunshine for a bit of your rain. I guess it's just a matter geograpgy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. London, I've always love you too (I lived there for 5 years). Good luck on your Olympic date!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have been walking around with a smile on my face and a camera in my hand. It's suddenly turned all so beautiful! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so beautiful isn't it and the uplifting feeling that it gives you is just so magical.

    Enjoy the glow,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, Thank YOU Belinda for all of these beautiful pictures I keep coming back to look at...really why not postcards?

    I'll be thinking of you and yours on Monday and saying a little prayer or two.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my blog thus i came to “return the favor”.
    I'm trying to find things to improve my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!! Check out my website to get more info about forex, if you like.
    Also visit my homepage - http://www.jonsdocs.org.uk/marilyns_art/gbookphp/

    ReplyDelete