September 10, 2012

The wonderful and underrated quality of texture in home decor

Those of you who read this blog regularly (bless you!), will know I am a huge fan of textural interest in things around me - in nature, art, my jewellery designs, gardens, clothes, fabrics, interiors - I just think it is a very underrated quality that can and add something really special and sometimes unexpected to the otherwise purely visual experience of a place, space, or wearable item. Our days are often such a fast blur of activity in this increasingly technological world, I think texture in the environment of our lives can slow us down for a moment, as we reach out to touch a lovely fabric, a stash of soft yarn, or notice the patterns of lichens on a tree or the soft, brushed surface of a ring....







Anyway, it has been a real honour to share some of this, particularly how I have used texture as a key element in decorating our home,  on the wonderful blog that is Florence Finds, [do you know it? - it is a fabulous mix of interiors, food, fashion and lifestyle all put together by Rebecca who has managed to create the most impressive of blogs whilst having a lovely, friendly vibe. She also works full time as a doctor. I think she may be superwoman. Slight blog crush to be honest!:) ] Anyway, I would be thrilled to bits if you would pop over by clicking HERE and have a look - do leave a comment there if you have an opinion or idea to share on the subject, I would really love to hear from you! Thank you. Bxx

7 comments:

  1. I just got lost in the post over at Florence Finds - it is stunning. I'm a massive fan of texture and colour and all things that nature provides. I hope my home reflects this. I'm often told that my home has a very relaxed vibe about it and that people don't want to go. It is the biggest compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda, I'm just going to leave comments everywhere.

    Fabulous post full of the beauty that is you.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your earrings look beautiful Belinda! I haven't heard of Florence finds before, but I will have a look at her website.

    Have a lovely new week!

    Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I take photographs I am all about texture, design and depth. Most of my nature photos show that. I notice everything around me, especially when I have a camera in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photographs as always... I will pop on over ... thank you. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel boring writing yet again, lovely photos, but they are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful photographs, if they didn't delight me so, I might just feel a bit envious of your brilliance! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete