December 14, 2012

It's my pleasure

....to allay any last minute gift buying panic by pointing you towards some shops and makers who have helped me sort my Christmas list this year. {As always, these are purely personal picks, not sponsored or affiliated links.} There are a fantastic range of styles and prices on these sites, have fun perusing!

I only buy a very few new decorations each year, and usually make my own wreaths, but Cox and Cox (20% off kids and festive departments at the moment), and Rowen and Wren are two fantastic online boutiques for all manner of loveliness for the home, both with gorgeous 'festive' sections. Couldn't resist the cushion and dithering over the glass tealights.

credit: Cox and Cox
credit: Cox and Cox
credit: Cox and Cox

credit: Rowen and Wren
credit: Rowen and Wren
credit: Rowen and Wren

For paper lanterns and pompoms and retro style decs look no further than The Hanging Lantern Company and Pearl and Earl. 

For the girls in my life, Thirty Five Flowers has been a brilliant source of pretty handmade purses. Louise uses her own screen printed designs, check out her etsy shop here. She also makes cute cushions and covered notebooks.

credit: Thirty Five Flowers

Snapdragon is brilliant for handmade personalised gifts - mugs, mirrors, cushions etc plus plenty of other gorgeous textile wares. The glasses case like the one below was a big hit with granny last year! Sadly the last orders for Christmas date has passed but I am including them because, frankly, they are a fabulous gift resource any time of year!

credit: Snapdragon's Garden

Bookhou in Canada has stunning handmade bags, scarves and purses too, but have closed international shipping for Christmas now. Next year.

I am also a huge fan of the paintings of The Blackbird Sings - Natasha has such a feeling for landscapes and botanics and birds, to me her work is suffused with feeling, see what you think. Love her blog too.

credit: Natasha Newton


For cooks? I'm taken with cookbooks this year, particularly Scandilicious: Scandinavian Baking by Signe Johansen and The Little Paris Kitchen by Rachel Khoo. Both widely available, can't wait to get my mitts on both!

For kids? clothes by Poppy, toys by Cox and Cox and Cottontails

credit: Poppy clothes for kids

For teens? My super score for teen presents this year was 'Don't talk to me about heroes' - a company selling great quality t-shirts printed with iconic photos of famous rock musicians. I have Caitlin Moran to thank for that tip, so they must be cool!

credit: don't talk to me about heroes

Personally, for a dash of fash I am whispering in the ears of those who are kind enough to ask,  the names Ilse Jacobsen and Zatchels. Swoon.



So, those are my top picks for this year, hope you find some last minute inspiration! Apologies to readers outside the UK who may have missed shipping deadlines, but maybe some ideas for next year? Have a lovely weekend, we are spending ours with the house full of old friends we never see enough of - can't wait! xx

8 comments:

  1. Lovely selection - very original items and beautiful and useful! Love Snapdragon, must have a longer look. Merry Christmas to you + yours. Minerva x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and the merriest of Christmases to you too! x

      Delete
  2. I love the cushion, and the candle holders, but the glasses case is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Jane at Snapdragon is an ace designer. x

      Delete
  3. Belinda you've got some great ideas and all would make great gifts.
    Happy Holidays.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olive, Ilse Jacobson three quarter wellies are on my list..
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEK, aren't they gorgeous! My parents are giving me the plain black, fleece lined ones with bright red soles. Beyond excited! x

      Delete