January 31, 2013

Searching for serenity

Last weekend we went from this


to this, in twenty four hours.


Since then, the week has been a blur of family life, jewellery designing, business course homework and, as you can see, some major footling of this blog layout, (html wizardry by the saintly and very clever Lina Bronson). I hope you like the cleaner, calmer style? It is something that I am working on across the board, this simplification, streamlining idea - perhaps a January clear-out mood, perhaps the desire to see the wood for the trees? You know that lovely, calm feeling you can get when you are in a big, open natural environment - perhaps looking out to sea, or taking in a huge view of hills and fields - that sense of perspective and relaxation, peace even? It is exactly that feeling I want infused in my jewellery, my flowers, my garden, my blog - whole darn life really! Little objects and spaces of calm and beauty. Some people search for excitement and drama instinctively, I search for serenity and calm perhaps because I am quite dramatic by nature and need some ying to my yang? The picture below, taken by my back door, is full of that feeling to me.


There are still a few things to finish off with the blog redesign, and then the Wild Acre jewellery website will be matched to it. Happy days!

I also just want to sneak a January mood board in before the end of the month - an idea of Karin's, to create a simple foraged collection of nature's offering each month to distill the colours and mood of each month in the garden. Right up my alley.  This one was done in extreme haste as the light was failing and children howling for tea, so hopefully the ensuing ones will be a little more considered and better photographed! Really, they are just a nature table, I always loved those as a kid. 



The very first snowdrops and hellebores, a viola and tiny heuchera leaf. It  makes me feel that Spring isn't so very far away after all. xx

18 comments:

  1. It's looking lovely, Belinda. Clean and fresh!

    I love reading your posts - I can always hear you saying the words!! (I'm aware that makes me sound like a crazy stalker!!)

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So chuffed you like it, style guru! It is lovely having actually met the writers of the blogs you read, in the sense that you do 'hear' them through the words? I'm the same with yours - so the crazy lady stalking cancels itself out!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Very nice - it must have been clear out month as that's just what I've been doing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I think it is a seasonal urge to declutter around now! x

      Delete
  3. Ooh, it does look beautifully clean and fresh, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new page layout, and no flowers yet up here yet :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When there are no flowers at all, I get excited over lichen, honestly it is desperation!x

      Delete
  5. The new design is very calm. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget your frantic friends.

    Wouldn't do to be too serene.

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is probably my natural frantic-ness (franticity??), that requires some calming now and then? The blog layout maybe calmer, but I have a feeling it is a bit like an ordered garden structure containing some riotous and unrestrained planting!;) The personality remains!

    Tonight we have 5 young boys arriving for pizza and a sleepover to celebrate Finn's 10th birthday, that will be enough frantic to last a week! See you on the other side. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. *sigh* those gorgeous hellebores ...

    Love your new look too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking very lush Belinda, and very easy to navigate around which always helps when there are so many wonderful posts to read.
    Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Love the new layout and gorgeous photographs... Hellebores - one of my favourites too. S x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures!
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're both mood boarding, and we're both in the process of streamlining ... great minds etc. :)

    If only I had that view from my back door!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful moodboard and I love the new blog design. I too am thinking about streamlining and greater simplicity, not easy when you live with one of the world's great collectors!

    ReplyDelete