June 24, 2013

Flowers in the house

Yesterday, I cosied up in our new little greenhouse and welcomed people as they arrived to have a wander around our garden as part of our local village summer fair. It was a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon!


People seemed to really enjoy the garden, especially the cutting patch and the deck over the river. The 'purple sensation' alliums may have gone over, but there are lots more summery flowers busting out all over the place, real cottage garden beds full of colour and many selfseeded poppies and nigella. I love my summer garden!






At the end of the day, I had a wander around myself and picked a couple of buckets full of flowers for bouquet orders and for us. They have been brightening up my monday.




Tanacetum, orlaya, astrantia, penstemon 'garnet', mint and knautia brightening up the kitchen table.

A big jugful of delphiniums, euphorbia oblongata and orlaya in our sitting room, a nice burst of colour in a room that is mainly furnished mainly and rather plainly in whites and wood.



These are my wee offerings for Jane's flower party, pop over there for more floral fun! Thanks for hosting Jane! xx

19 comments:

  1. I love your summer garden also.

    And your greenhouse. How sweet is that.

    I have just buried my face in the sitting room arrangement, well virtually, and feel like I inhaled the sights and scents of summer.

    So glad you joined in.

    Have you seen Webb's offerings? She's a fast learner.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, gorgeous garden. I love the alliums.....i once saw a garden open house where they had spray painted the spent alliums and they looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a beautiful garden, i'd have been one of those visitors...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I do love your garden! Isn't the tanicitum lovely too, just my sort of thing. Glad the day was such a success. Very envious of your delphiniums too!

    Beautiful and very serene. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the jugful of delphiniums, gorgeous blue! I'd love a border like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful garden. I never get tired of looking at it, hope you don't mind if I steal some ideas. (which will most likely not look anything like this.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is beautiful! Love your jugs of flowers too, especially the delphiniums - mine are only just starting now. Thanks for sharing. Abby

    ReplyDelete
  9. THE FLOWERS ARE REALLY CHARMING..I LOVE IT.......FOR MORE FLOWERS IN AMAZING QUALITY... CLICK ON OUR WEBSITE GIVEN BELOW

    www.crazyflorist.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh gorgeous. if only it were nearer I'd have loved to pop by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And now you are brightening up my Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a lovely garden you have, and looks like you got sun too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have the most dreamy garden - such a treat for people to have a wander round. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. All so beautiful! You do have the most wonderful home and garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your post reminds me why I should try harder with a cutting garden or a garden with more flowers to bring into the house!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your post reminds me why I should try harder with my cutting garden!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your kind comments, you lovely peeps! x

    ReplyDelete