July 19, 2013

fiery temps, fiery bouquets

While we all swelter in disbelief at endless gloriously blue skies,  and the lawn goes all 1976, I have been busy making fiery hued bouquets that seem to fit the heat haze. Fight fire with fire.


mint, euphorbia oblongata, feverfew, calendula, helenium, poppy seedheads, scabious, parsley seedheads


Some have been end of year thank you bouquets for teachers - and what an incredible job they do - thank you to all the wonderful teachers out there that do one of the most important jobs in the world.



6 comments:

  1. I love that 'grass has gone all 1976'. Wish I'd thought of it. Next door's grass is not looking like that... their sprinkler is working overtime and I am feeling quite uncomfortable with it.
    Your bouquets are stunning. Lucky teachers.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love mixed bouquets and these are so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is what i aim to achieve but we don't have your glorious garden to work with.

    Still,very inspiring.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum was heavily pregnant with my sister in summer 1976 - I feel so sorry for her when I think back. Just doing normal stuff in this weather is horrific, never mind being 8 months pregnant.

    What a lovely idea for your children's teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly beautiful ... it's a bit of cliché, but those colours are popping!

    ReplyDelete