July 11, 2013

my favourite spot in all the world

is right here.


It is one of the many scruffy, semi wild corners of the garden, a field of barley edged with cowparsley on one side, the view of our garden sloping off to the river on the other, the reassuringly solid presence of our black barn behind.

The light all soft and slanty in the evening.






Utter comfort and relaxation, shaded by the rustling leaves of a couple of lanky hornbeams, birdsong all around. Honestly, for me, this is as good as it gets. Now just have to work out how to spend more time there!

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely place to daydream.
    Those blue delphiniums (?) are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No question here. I can see why you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed a link from a comment you left on "Small But Charming" and just wanted to take a minute to say hello. Wow - your photos are stunning, and you live in such a beautiful place. I scrolled back up to enjoy your photos a second time! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Welcome to Wild Acre! Thanks for the kind appreciation of the pics.

      Delete
  4. Shove over sister. I'm on my way.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The invite is always there, you know that!x

      Delete
  5. Everyone needs their own cozy place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are blessed to live in such a wonderful place! I do hope you can find the time to properly enjoy it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely and you really should spend more time there. I've just found my perfect spot - sat outside my new sewing room at the bottom of the garden. We sat out there last night and had a little BBQ, wine, radio ..... bliss!

    ReplyDelete