October 10, 2013

Celebration

I had a lovely time with my mum on her birthday last weekend. We had already had a big celebration for her 70th back in August, all of us out for afternoon tea at a gorgeous stately home. That day there had been much laughter and merriment between the three generations. And some highly unorthadox croquet!



These two! The oldest and youngest and a hilarious double act!



It was a very special celebration at the close of a lovely summer.


Since then, our eldest on the far right has left home for uni and my darling ma has been diagnosed with breast cancer, had surgery and is toughing it out, still smiling. It was the most emotional september since records began, frankly! Seeing her last weekend made me realise yet again how unbelievably lucky I am to have her as my mum, and have a family that is so loving and supportive. Sometimes, you just have to say it and savour it.

8 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos! Sorry to hear about your emotional September, but hopefully things will be improving from now on... My girls & I are off to London in a couple of weeks to meet up with my Mum and celebrate her 70th too - we have to make the most of these occasions! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there an orthodox way of playing croquet???
    So glad to hear your ma is fighting with a smile. How lucky she is too, with such a great family.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes indeed!

    My own Mum toughed out the breast cancer thing back in the spring ... I know how you're feeling x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a blessing you had that time. I will say a prayer for her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bunch. Is that your daughter with the luxurious bangs (fringe?)? What a knockout.

    Prayers for your mother, prayers for all of you.

    And keep that croquet mallet away from me!

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking of you and your mum x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much for your kindness. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. as a breast cancer survivor I wish you all well. May your mother also reach that - No further treatment required - from her doctors.

    ReplyDelete