November 21, 2013

Luxury pop-up boutique at Kettner's

I have a very long day in London on Saturday, but I am really looking forward to it. I am thrilled to have been invited to join a group of 20 British independent designer labels coming together to create a glamourous shopping event at Kettner's in Soho. Tickets to the event can be purchased here, and include a delicous afternoon tea, glass of bubbly, soft drinks and canapes a ticket for a super raffle, as well as, of course, entry into the gorgeous boutique area where you will be able to browse and shop in comfort and luxury. Sounds better than the annual pounding of the streets to find the ever-elusive Christmas presents!



The event has been organised by a fantastic not-for-profit organisation, The WISE Creative, who seek to support and promote independent British  designers and makers, (the WISE standing for Wales, Ireland, Scotland and England). Please go HERE to find out about the other creative British designers who will be selling their women's fashion, accessories, luxury lingerie, menswear, skincare, handbags and lots more! I will be there with my stand of Wild Acre jewellery and would be absolutely thrilled to meet any of you there - with Covent Garden round the corner, and China Town and Theatreland on the doorstep, it could be a wonderful day out in the Capital.

So, as autumn heads towards winter, and the busiest time of the year for my business gathers pace, I have been giving some thought to still staying happy and unstressed, when frankly time seems to be in shorter and shorter supply. When I know I have a particularly busy time ahead, my solitary walks with the dog, become a real source of preparing my mind, body and soul for the days to come, and the run up to Christmas is always so busy for me, these walks and quiet hours spent in woods, fields and river meadows really sustain me. It was looking so pretty today, I was drinking in all that colour and peace - I have a feeling I am going to need it. Do you have any tricks to keep you calm and grounded when the season gets silly? Spill please! xx





















10 comments:

  1. I would have loved to come to this event, but alas I was in London last Saturday. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely photos. How wonderful you can find peace there. I would too. I also like to find reasons to laugh, and people to laugh with to help relieve the stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, laughing is a fantastic tonic isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures. I try and do as much ahead of schedule as possible, which I find keeps me calm. But if all else fails, there's always wine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. :) I won't be back in England till Dec 12th so will be missing all the early Christmas preparations. Gulp! I'm probably going to be panicking to get everything done for Christmas while making sure I leave our Vancouver house well prepared. I suppose I'm not much of a help...lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, at least I am not continent hopping! I hope you get some holiday relaxation in there! x

      Delete
  5. No tricks you don't already know here ... I walk in the woods with the dogs.

    How did the WISE event go? Well I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely woods. I'm looking forward to getting back to England in a week and having a walk thru the beech woods in OXON.

    ReplyDelete