December 27, 2013

the inbetween days

Oh I love these in-between days...quiet calmness, no schedules or pressures, time to read a bit, nap a bit, work in the garden, walk the fields and rivers around our home, reflect and breathe a long breath out. No work, no deadlines, nor really any expectations at all. I am so grateful I don't work in a job that requires me to work these days.


The fire is lit, the wind howls outside and the Christmas dinner leftovers taste better with some home-made bread and pickles that the main meal itself I always think. Some relaxed catching up with a few friends and extended family members sprinkled in, perhaps a day in London at some point...


Also a time to take stock a little, make a few new plans, dream a few dreams. I will be making a few tweaks to how I write this blog too, so a few days to mull things over is good.

I hope your in-between days are feeling special too. 

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I like this time of the year as well. In German we call it "Zwischen den Jahren" - "Between the Years".
    A quiet time, a time for reflection.
    Lovely post with peaceful images!
    Happy 'between-the-days'!
    Greetings from the Périgord, Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karin and I hope your "Zwischen den Jahren" is lovely. x

      Delete
  2. We have a smallbean birthday to whizz ourselves up for in the in-between days. It gets harder every year as she gets more time savvy... Poor girl. But actually when she is quite a bit older, I think (hope) she will really appreciate the timing. Happy relaxing days indeed. Except tomorrow, when we will be up early and eating birthday cake and sweeties for breakfast! Happy New Year to you, Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the party was fun! She will love an excuse for another party in the Christmas holidays when she is older I am sure! Happy New Year! xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely, my inbetween days are for working and sleeping! Roll on sundsay whrn I actually have 4 days off..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. between the years, what a lovely phrase. happy times to you Belinda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy in-between days to you ... and wishing you a wonderful 2014.

    Glorious candle images :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these times too. Harder this year as time has changed the way it moves, but yes, calmer, quieter too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos Belinda, I too am enjoying every moment of every day in between the years.

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the peace and quiet Belinda! Lovely photo's!

    A Happy New Year to you and your family!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete