February 10, 2014

flowers in the house

During a rare sunny moment between scudding, grey storm clouds, I whipped out my camera to take a some pictures of the few flowers in our house - just in time for Jane's monthly floral shindig. It is slim pickings in the garden this time of year, and although a few purple anemones are bravely unfurling in the swathes of mud, I found a few lovely long stems at a flower shop in town and couldn't resist. So I popped them in a white jug along with some green hellebore florets from the garden.





I have been loving the snowdrops beginning to carpet our little woodland area and a few of them always look so pretty in a tiny clay pot I think. They are cheering up our north facing kitchen.



Wishing you all a lovely week. I am full steam ahead with jewellery work, but plenty to do to get the garden ready for Spring too. It feels good to get my hands in the earth again.


18 comments:

  1. Bless you Belinda. I'm sitting in Radiology waiting for tests and have just been made a whole lot happier by your beautiful anenomes and beautiful snowdrops. Heartful thanks. Xo J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you Belinda. I'm sitting in Radiology waiting for tests and have just been made a whole lot happier by your beautiful anenomes and beautiful snowdrops. Heartful thanks. Xo J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of the anemone. Lovely in your white jug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beauty. your photos are always so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous anemones - and I love those green Hellebores. Snowdrops are just so welcome, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you well from the United States, Jane! This website brings me a lot of happiness too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The purple anemones are stunners, and the snowdrops are so sweet, especially in their little jug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little clay pot with the snowdrops in it is adorable! Just beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That color of the anemone is so hard to photograph, but you've done a great job. The color looks very true and not over saturated. I still struggle photographing blues and purples!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous anemones, and the snowdrops are darling--that jus ig perfect for them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. anemones to die for! making my day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheerful indeed! Any excuse for flowers I say, so thanks to Jane and to you for joining in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belinda, I can see why you couldn't resist bringing those lovely purple flowers home. What a beautiful color, and they really stand out in the white vase. The snowdrops are so sweet! I should plant some. Christa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just lovely...a real boost to a cold, very gray day here! The purples are stunning and the little jug of snowdrops is perfect! Smiles...Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. You GUYS! thank you so very much for all the kind words, so appreciated every one! xx

    ReplyDelete