March 30, 2014

Wild Acre flowers are in the garden!

It is that time of year when I first get to play with  flowers again. I have a few customers that love to order Wild Acre flowers for Mothers' Day even though I can't pick enough from my garden yet, so I buy some Dutch ones in as a one-off exception to my normal rules about only using flowers from my garden. It was so lovely to create the bouquets and have my hands smell of flowers again! Here are some pictures of the sort of ones that went out this weekend - full of seasonal flowers like tulips plus some dogwood stems and other greenery that I did manage to forage from the garden. I went for two very different colour ways - cream, apricot and tangerine and a deep purple and green combo.








A pretty zingy combination it was! I hope the mamas are happy!

Happily, the weekend has been a beautiful, mild and sunshiny one, and right on cue the garden has burst into life, (as if miffed that I should think of buying in my blooms!). Swathes of scented narcissi have opened their creamy faces to the sun, plus cowslips and anemones - really exciting and it means I can offer home grown Wild Acre bouquets and posies again.









 I am particularly excited about a tulip I have been trialling in the greenhouse, isn't it exquisite? I will be planting plenty later this year to offer next Spring.


If you are local enough to collect, just email me if you are interested in some scented narcissi and pretty garden foliage bouquets, and soon there will be tulips and anemones and other loveliness available - the Wild Acre facebook page is a really good place to keep up to date with all the news or pop to my website at www.wildacredesigns.co.uk and sign up for the newsletter to stay in touch with what is going on with the flowers and jewellery. I am also on Twitter (@B_wildacre) and Instagram (Belinda@wildacre), and I'm pretty regularly posting pictures of both my new jewellery designs and also available flowers there. I'd love to connect with you.

Have a wonderful week. xxx

9 comments:

  1. Those two anemones are wonderful, and the tulip! Glad the weather is good there - stinks here. Rainy and cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no, you have had a stinky run of weather Webb, hope the sun starts shining for you soon. x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful- Your photos of the Spring flowers make my spirits lift! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad! I think the first rush of flowers, coming after such a long wait, are the most exciting, no?
      x

      Delete
  3. What Webb said. But as ever, you bring both beauty and promise.

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white tulip (?) with the frilly edges. They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cracking tulip isn't it, my neighbour gave me the bulbs so I thought I'd trial them in the greenhouse, they are blowing my small brain! x

      Delete
  5. I love your photos Belinda and your arrangements just sing! What wonderful combinations. Doesn't look like that when I do it!

    ReplyDelete